Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Shifting up for a Marathon

Florida life is turning out to be great. Today I started two major journeys.  I moved up in the coffee world to a Shift Supervisor and more importantly, after a few weeks of really thinking and digging deep I started my marathon training.

I have really been thinking about my Marathon dreams since  my last quest for 26.2 landed with me moving 1000 miles and unable to actually get to the starting line.  Then there is life and the fact the longer I enjoy running the more I seem to be enjoying it alone. Don't get me wrong there are a TON of running groups around here but with my schedule and the hubby having opposite schedule I am nervous on which groups are okay to push strollers and which arent. I will get it figured out eventually but I worry that I will be training and running the Marathon alone.

No matter. I went on my first run tonight with it being one of many many miles leading up to a small 26.2 event. I am  planning on running my first Actual Marathon in Disney in January. I mean come on, it should be magical, right?

More on all this later.

ONWARD

No comments:

Post a Comment